Dedicated Servers and future gaming options

{LOD} Scarecrow
Site Admin

Dedicated Servers and future gaming options

Post by {LOD} Scarecrow »

It starting to creep into that time where we start looking at future games to play nd where we want to go as a clan. We currently have 2 options being presented to us by the community at large. BO 4 and BF 5.

I would love to know the clans thoughts on both games moving forward.

So far I have reached out to 3 different gaming providers to see if they have any idea if they are going to be given the option to offer the community dedicated servers. So far the answers are NOT very promising.

COD went away from their dedicated server model after the original BO game. What they now call dedicated servers, is in a name a dedicated server, but it offers no ability to run a clan based platform, anticheat options, or anything that would be considered a mod.

The BF series has always offered the ability for clans to run their own community server and police their environment. That said, they are being wishy washy about letting the community know if dedicated servers will be an option with this game.

For me the best world we can have is a clan dedicated server where we can monitor and police our gaming environment to make the game enjoyable for our people. I don't give a shit about others because if we run a quality server for our members, like minded people will follow. For me that is a dedicated server that is based in WWII or the Modern Day warfare. I'm sick of the future crap and space guns, I just want what we had in the past, or have available to us now. Traditional boots on the ground has always been enjoyable to me. I really love WWII but the lack of dedicated servers and the inability to police our gaming environment is what kills it for me.

I would enjoy hearing from my fellow clan members and friends on this topic and things progress.
Redneck Boggs

Re: Dedicated Servers and future gaming options

Post by Redneck Boggs »

It doesn't matter to me which game, any with dedicated servers would be better than what we have now. that being said I don't have any other games at the moment but I would buy it if the group decides that is what they want to do. i'm rather new to the clan but enjoy playing with everyone in it, that's why I am here...
Darkseid
Site Admin

Post by Darkseid »

im not particularily impressed with either of the new COD or BF games. Both are adding BR, COD at the cost of dropping the single player element and BF i dont really know why they are throwing it in....there are so many BR games its not really worth trying to compete.
Stupidity is not a handicap, so find another parking spot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Intel 7900X | MSI X299 RAIDER | Nvidia 1080 FE | Ballistix Sport LT | 240GB TOSHIBA-TR200, 512GB Intel NVMe , 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO, 512 GB ADATA SP900 | EVGA SN850G2 PS | Phanteks Eclipse P400
{LOD} Doomsday

Post by {LOD} Doomsday »

I thought about this awhile ago and didn't have time to mention it until now, but I feel that the difficulty we've had gaining new members and regulars stems from the party matchmaking system. With a dedicated server, the clan who owns it can form their own community, with people who join, enjoy it, and decide to return and even join the clan because of it. Whereas with the matchmaking system, you're stuck with random people who you may never play with again, making it significantly more difficult to create said community and gain new members/regulars. I feel that if we were to run a popular AAA title game dedicated server then we'd have success with having more regulars and new member potential like the days of old.

With that being said, as I've mentioned before, I'm always down for Battlefield, especially when we have our own dedicated server where we can run it how we want to. I for one would love to game with the clan again with a game other than COD, my father is even interested as he enjoys Battlefield more than COD as well. If the clan however decides to stick with COD, I'll just continue to lurk in the shadows... watching... waiting... lurking... :P
Makrull

Post by Makrull »

Looks like BO 4 will run through battlenet, not sure if that will curb the hacking but I'm going to give the game a try. Even though can't stand the current COD and deleted it. Really look forward to gaming with everyone soon.

Thanks,
Mak
WARDOG

Post by WARDOG »

I played battlefield 3 and 4 enjoy the diversity of tanks, planes, infantry, etc. I do not expect to buy any more black ops (too many gadgets) I will be going to battlefield